Mogę wysyłać informacje w języku angielskim?
Krótko, podstawowy podatek 19%, ale teraz od pierwszej nieruchomoszczi na Cyprze, i jeśli ona nowa, on jest 5% (i transfer fees = 0%).
Ile rocznie sie płaci to zależy od powierzchni nieruchomości.
Tu jest przykładowa kalkulacja:
VALUE ADDED TAX
• VAT on new property in Cyprus is 19%, the lowest permissible rate in Europe.
• Land and resale property are exempted from VAT.
• New property with building permission before 1st May 2004 is also exempted from VAT.
• International investors without prior acquisition of immovable property in Cyprus are entitled to apply for reduced VAT rate of 5% on the purchase of their first home.
• In order to qualify for a lower VAT (or VAT refund) the property must be the applicant’s main residence on the island.
• If the property is sold before 10 years lapse, the beneficiary is liable to refund the percentage of VAT discount according to the amount of years spent in the property.
• VAT is only payable once upon purchase.
• Within one month from signing the Sale Agreement, the original contract is duly stamped at the Tax Office and registered with the Land Registry with a flat fee charge of €50.
• The Stamp Duty is calculated on the value of the agreement (before VAT) at 0.15% for amounts exceeding €5.000 up to €170,000 and at 0.2% thereafter with a maximum cap of €20.000.
• In the event where the deadline lapses without payment of stamp duty penalties are imposed depended on the amount of the contract and the time lapsed. In general, it is estimated at 10% for the first 6 months and around two times the 10% of the stamp duty charge following the lapse of the first six months. Additional penalty does not exceed €4.000.
• Transfer Fees are payable at the Land Registry Office on the day of the property’s transfer of ownership to the buyer.
• Transfer Fees are calculated on the value of the agreement (before VAT) at 3% for the first €85,430, 5% on the next €85,430 and 8% for the remaining amount.
• A provision remains in place for zero Transfer Fees on the first sale of new property and reduced by 50% on resale property or property without VAT.
• If the property ownership is registered on joint names (eg. husband and wife), then the Transfer Fees is calculated at half the property’s value per person. The final amount is the sum of the individual amounts owed.
• The person legally liable to pay such stamp duty and registration fee is the purchaser.
IMMOVABLE PROPERTY TAX
• All Cyprus property owners are liable to pay Immovable Property Tax to the Inland Revenue Department every year.
• The IPT is calculated on the market value of the property as of 1st January 1980, which is about ¼ of today’s prices.
• Before paying the IPT an owner must register with the Tax Office and receive a Tax Identification Code (Form I.R.163A 2014).
• Individual owners are exempt from this tax if the 1980 value of their property is less than €12,500. Properties up to €40,000 are rated with 0.6% property tax. Properties between €40,000 - €120,000 are rated with 0.8% property tax.
CAPITAL GAINS TAX
• Capital Gains Tax is levied at 20% on gains arising from the disposal of property by each individual person. The gain is reduced by an indexation allowance that takes into account the inflationary increase over the years the property has been owned.
• Non-residents are only taxed when selling property situated in Cyprus.
• Allowances on the first €17,086 gains arising from the first disposal of any property in Cyprus, provided the property has remained in his/her ownership for a minimum of 5 years.
• To take advantage of the full allowance, the land on which the house is built must not exceed 1,500 m².
• Allowances on the first €85,430 of gains arising from the disposal of a house used by the owner for his/her own habitation.
• An individual claiming a combination of the above allowances is only allowed a maximum allowance of €85,430.
• This allowance can only be claimed once.
• Exemptions: Transfers arising from death are not subject to CGT. Gifts made from parent to child or between spouses or third degree relatives are exempted from CGT. Gift to charities and the government or transfers as a result of company reorganization or expropriation or gifts to a company where the company’s shareholders are members of the donor’s family.
• Inheritance Tax has been abolished with effect 1 January 2000, and is no longer imposed.
LOCAL AUTHORITY TAX
• Property taxes levied by the local authorities are payable annually and may vary, depending on the size of the property and its value as of 1 January 1980.
• The LAT covers the cost of garbage disposal, street lighting, sewerage etc.
• Communal expenses cover an owner’s share towards the cost of cleaning and maintaining a project’s communal areas, gardens, swimming pool, management fees and repairs.
• Communal Fees are payable at fixed intervals through the year and vary according to the development and the property’s size.
• They are calculated according to the property’s communal area percentage.
www.stchara.com. Domy i apartamenty na Cyprze